Reports to: Head of Advocacy Department
Duty Station: St. Yves’ Jerusalem and Bethlehem Office
Starting Date: 1.12.2017
The Advocacy Officer is responsible for supporting the Head of Advocacy in developing, implementing and evaluating the advocacy strategy of the Society of St. Yves. His/her main responsibilities are awareness raising and outreach activities, media contacts and campaigning.
Areas of Responsibilities:
The local Advocacy and Communications Officer is in particular responsible for the following duties:
- Supporting the Department in case campaigning/lobbying on all levels
- Supporting the Department in fully implementing advocacy activities and events, locally and internationally
- Supporting the Department’s awareness raising program for international and national visitors (e.g. group lectures, field visits,…)
- Responsible for case documentation in English/Arabic
- maintaining and updating contacts to the media and civil society and networks
- supporting the Department in maintaining and updating its website, social media pages as well as its publications
- Translations as needed for the Department’s work in English/Arabic
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability and experience to conduct outreach activities, including campaigns
- Experience in translating, writing of press releases and publishing of texts in Arabic and English
- Computer skills including website hosting and social media campaigning
- Excellent command of Arabic and English
- A high degree of motivation and self-esteem, and the ability to work in close and amiable cooperation within a team.
- A university degree in law, political science, communication, journalism or any other related field
- At least 2 years of experience in the advocacy or related fields; experience with international mechanisms is an asset.
- First experience in conducting advocacy campaigns and events
- Excellent understanding of human and civil rights
- Experience in maintaining website pages and social media accounts
All applicants are requested to send their resumes along with a cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com and quote “Advocacy Officer Vacancy” in the subject line. The deadline for sending job applications will be Monday 23rd of October 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.